If you are experiencing homelessness in Los Angeles, please call 2-1-1 or visit www.211LA.org. They will be able to connect you with a wide variety of available resources.
Jovenes, Inc. is here for you.
Here are the eligibility requirements for Jovenes' main programs:
Emergency Shelter and Transitional Housing:
To live in Jovenes' short-term housing programs, you must be:
- Age 18-24
- Currently homeless
Independent Living Program:
- Age 18-21
- History of DCFS/Probation placement
- Male or Female
- Homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless
- Over age 18
Homeless Community College Students:
- Male or female
- Age 18-25
- Currently enrolled at least part-time at a Community College in Los Angeles.
- Homeless or at immediate risk of losing housing
The Wellness Center at the Historic General Hospital
- The Wellness Center offers many services related to physical and emotional well-being. Come by to learn what The Wellness Center can do for you.
- Hours of operation: M-F 8:30am to 5:00pm, Saturday 9:00am to 12:00pm, closed Sunday
- Location: 1200 N. State St, Los Angeles, CA 90033
- Jovenes' office at The Wellness Center: (323) 260-8035 x112
- Eligibility varies by program
Please call 2-1-1 or visit 211LA.org if you are not eligible for any of Jovenes' Program.
Below is a brief list of referrals. If you don't see what you're looking for, 2-1-1 has a comprehensive listing.
- List of other shelters (including options for women and families)
- Shelter for Women, Men, and Families: Union Station Homeless Services (Pasadena)
- Women's Housing and Services:New Economics For Women
- Domestic Violence/Women & Children: House of Ruth
- Healthcare (up to age 24): Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Legal Services: Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
- Mental Health Services: Exodus Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous: Find A Meeting
- Employment Support for All Ages: Chrysalis
- LA County Department of Mental Health